Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cookies!


I baked cookies yesterday, and while that might not sound like a big deal to you, it was a huge deal for me. So what was the special occasion?

I was celebrating the arrival of a new fire alarm!! You see, ever since we moved into this house, I've dreaded baking thanks to an over-sensitive fire alarm. It used to scream at me for every little thing. You opened the oven door? BEEP BEEP BEEP! Had crumbs on the bottom of the toaster oven? BEEP BEEP BEEP! Browned a pancake? BEEP BEEP BEEP! If I tried to bake a cake or something, forget it! It would BEEP BEEP BEEP the entire time unless I stood there, fanning the darn thing while screaming "I hate you! I hate you! I just want to bake a cake!!" :D

Eventually, I learned to flip the fuse before baking (the alarm was hardwired - no batteries), but it was rather inconvenient since that also cut off the electricity for the TV, the computer, and the bathroom.

Obviously, I'm super psyched that I can finally bake without fear, and the best part is, it even has a nifty little "silencer" button that lets you turn off the alarm temporarily!! Mmmm, these cookies taste like...victory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment