Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ajahn Brahm


So we all know that YouTube can be a source of an enormous amount of mind-numbing junk, but you can find truly wonderful things there too.  Pretty much every night, I spend about an hour or so to help me relax and also to educate myself.  One of my favorite people to listen to is Ajahn Brahm. 

Ajahn Brahm is a British monk in Western Australia.  He gives talks every week, and thank goodness for us, they are posted on YouTube for all of us to hear.  Of course, his words are full of wisdom, as you would expect from a Buddhist monk, but the best part is that he's very funny.  I can always count on him to make me smile, and that's the best way to relax!

Each and every video has spoken to me in one way or another, so I find it hard to pick out my favorite.  I'll just post the latest video titled Terrorism and Peace since the terrorism in Paris has left many of us searching for answers.  Yes, the internet can be used by the terrorists to recruit more members and spread hatred, but we can also use it to recruit even more people into our global community whose mission is to spread love and compassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment