Monday, April 5, 2010

52 Week Challenge: Week 13

Old Bike WheelWhee! Yesterday, I actually got a chance to walk around and take photos, without my son OR my dog tagging along! I definitely enjoyed the fresh air, the warm spring sun, and most of all, freedom. I know, I know, the photo doesn't show any sign of spring at all, but it's what caught my eye...

About 3 weeks ago, we had a massive storm that took down numerous trees and did all kinds of damage. Ever since then, I've been noticing many strange sights. Clean up have been very slow, so there are still trees down everywhere, and random objects sitting around on sidewalks. The shoreline, especially, have a treasure trove of old rusty things and other astonishing collections of human pollution.


In spite of that, though, Mother Nature is showing her tenacity and spring colors are everywhere. Check out these daffodils! The tree right next to them was uprooted in the storm, lifting them up in the air. But they're still blooming as if nothing happened. Aren't they amazing?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's me. I have a blog here too. I love your art. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I had no idea you had a blog. That's awesome! Yet another reason to drool over your cakes and cookies. YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete