Monday, July 11, 2011

Half Way



Last Friday, I got my 20 week sonogram done, which means that I'm already half way done with this pregnancy! And of course, we couldn't wait to find out the gender, so drum roll please... It's going to be a girl! My son was hoping for a little brother, so he was slightly disappointed, but he says he'll be nice to his little sister and will be a good helper.

We actually got quite a good look at the baby since we had a student sonographer sitting in, and they were very thorough. Even a non-professional like me was starting to be able to see what all the fuzzy things represented! Of course, what's important is that the baby is healthy, and she seemed just fine, at least anatomically.

Now we're going to have to come up with a good name! Being a Japanese-Chinese-American family, it's not exactly an easy task. We try to find a name that can be written in Chinese characters but is easy to pronounce and remember in English as well. I think the Chinese also has a custom of using the same first letter for all siblings. With my son, we didn't really agree on one until almost the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment