Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tunnel Vision


This past weekend, we ended up making an impromptu trip to Ikea. We found a lovely duvet cover for $15, plus a set of bed sheets for $6! So now, it feels like I got a brand new bed for just $21 total. :) Pretty good deal, huh?

We also bought a cloth tunnel for my son, since he loves crawling through them like all other children. Initially, I pictured my son and my dog racing through it, but once we brought it home, I found it was so much more than just a tunnel!

First of all, it's a great exercise machine. My son often requests that I crawl through with him, but since it's made for a child, I have to slither rather than crawl. This works out muscles in places you didn't know existed.

Once you go in there though, you kind of understand why kids love tunnels. It shuts out all the clutter in the room, so it feels calming and relaxing. I think it'll be a great place to meditate when you are feeling a bit overwhelmed. In fact, the first time I put my dog in the tunnel, she curled up in there rather than walk through it.

Of course, as you can see in the above photo, it also turned into a black hole that sucked in all the toys my son can get his hands on! Thankfully, he helped me clean up afterward, and he hasn't done it since. The funny thing is, the room looked much cleaner when all the toys were stuffed in there because, once again, you couldn't see the clutter! So now, I'm thinking that this might be a great trick to use when I need to "clean up" in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment