Monday, October 26, 2009

It's official!


When I announced that I'll be closing my shop for a month to make improvements, some of you might have wondered why I would even need to close it. Why not just keep the store open and make improvements little by little, right?

Well, THIS is the main reason why I shut it down completely... I applied for my business license!! With all the things that happened in September and my bad habit of making mountains out of molehills, it took a little longer than expected. But it's here!

I'm officially a business owner!! Whoo Hoo!

For those of you in New York state like me, it's a 2-step process. You have to first file a form at the county clerks office to register your business name, and then you can apply for the Certificate of Authority to Collect Sales Tax (That's the official name) with the state. If you don't want to display your Social Security Number for all the world to see, you'll also want to apply for a EIN with the federal goverment, but you can do that along with the state application if you do it online.

Now, I just need to wait until November 2nd to reopen the store, since that's the date that I gave them. That's just one more week!

No comments:

Post a Comment