Thursday, June 11, 2009

Who is SonoSono?


So, a little bit about my self.

My name is Sono, and I was born in Japan. Moved to Virginia Beach when I was about to turn 12, and have been in the U.S. ever since. I currently live in Staten Island, NY with my husband, our 2-year-old son, and a yorkie.

I call myself SonoSono because while taking an Italian class in college, I learned that "sono" means "I am" in Italian. And when I introduce myself, I'm supposed to say "Sono Sono". At first, I was a bit annoyed when everybody in my class called out "Sono Sono!" as I walked down the hallway. But after a while, I began to embrace it. It was a good reminder that I am who I am and that's the way it's been since the day that I was born.

Most of my days are spent looking after my son, but when I get a chance, I design some jewelry, which I sell at my etsy store . I love etsy since it's a community filled with creative people like me, and I love being inspired by the items I see there.

I'm sure I'll be talking a lot more about etsy in this blog, but I also plan on looking at some things from the past, and I'll share some thoughts on being a mom as well. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment