Monday, July 20, 2009

Newbie Monday - Out in the Garden

You may not notice it when you first take a glance at my etsy store, but I actually get a lot of inspiration from mother nature. I'm especially influenced by the color combinations and the patterns I see. Many other sellers seem to find inspiration in nature, too, as evidenced by this week's Newbie picks.


kidfluenced

The store kidfluenced is run by two interior designers from Calgary, Canada. They have some beautiful shadowbox art for kids in their store, which are great for kids at heart too.

The one shown is called Imagine Butterfly Shadowbox Art, and it's all aflutter with bunch of butterflies and flowers. I can definitly see it hanging in a tween girl's room! At the Farm one would be a great addtion in a room for a slightly younger child.

Life's a Beach shadowbox is fantastic for a beach house or a beach-themed room, not just kid's rooms!


stilltimephotography

Stilltimephotography is a seller from Riverton, Utah and a stay-at-home mom like me. She sells photo prints, photo greeting cards, as well as magnets in her store.

The photo shown on the left is from her greeting card series called Outdoors Set 2. I gravitate towards images that are so close up that they almost become abstract, so I love that composition.

I'm also partial to the Piano Keys because I used to play too, and looking at those keys make my fingers start moving on their own.


HarmonArt2

When I look through HarmonArt2's store, the word that comes to my mind is "harmony."

There are 2 artists represented in this store - Emily, who creates the fine art gourds like the Small Fall Leaf Gourd with Black Background shown here, and Brian, who creates the earthenware pottery and jewelry. Their items have similar themes and colors, however, and complements each other perfectly.

A husband and wife team that is in perfect harmony with each other as well as with mother nature! What could be more beautiful than that?

***

If you are a newbie etsian and would like to be featured in this blog too, please leave a comment or convo me through my etsy account!

--------
Quick update! HarmonArt2 has been chosen as one of the Fresh Shops in Etsy's Voter! Please go to http://www.etsy.com/voter_list.php?ref=voter&room_id=60 and vote for them! Voting ends July 27th!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words! We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Emily,

    Congrats on getting chosen as one of the Fresh Shops for Voter! I voted for you, and looks like you are #1 at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a neat feature. The photos are really beautiful. Congratulations to all!

    SonoSono, I'm new and would be interested in participating too. http://personaloasis.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete